Saturday, September 29, 2012

Thoughts Before Baby

     So this baby could come any day now! It's crazy to think how fast time has flown by this year. I thought I would try to get some thoughts down before I forget and before I probably don't have the time anymore.

     Pregnancy has been pretty good to me. I can't really complain that much. I only had morning sickness for about 2 weeks and then it vanished :) I have always had good blood pressure and my weight gain has been pretty minimal. I never really got those pregnancy cravings or even the hormonal mood swings (which I'm sure my husband was really happy about). I have enjoyed every single kick, punch, jab, stretch, hiccup this little guy has thrown at me. I've been on average a very happy pregnant lady and I can say my overall experience has been great! I wouldn't say I LOVE being pregnant, but I definitely like it a lot.

     Of course with all the good there is definitely some down sides of pregnancy. I have since the beginning had horrible back/hip pain every now and then. I mostly would get it at the end of a long day and sometimes it would be so bad that when I went to stand up after sitting for while I literally could not get up or stand. I sometimes even had to crawl around for a bit until I could stand again. Luckily this wasn't every day, but it did happen more often then not. But again, even though the pain sucks, it still doesn't make me that miserable or mad/sad enough to really complain about it to anyone......Other than the Husband. HAHA!

     Oh how I am so lucky to have a husband like Scott. He truly is amazing! There honestly is nothing better than seeing his face every morning when I wake up. Having someone tell you you are beautiful everyday and laughs at all the dumb/silly things you do and say is Heaven. I love when he asks if the baby is coming yet because he really wants to meet him. It melts my heart how much he already loves our little boy :)

     I always try to imagine what that moment is going to be like when I first see Scott holding our baby. Even writing this it brings some tears to my eyes because it makes me so happy. I am so blessed to have such a strong example in my life. I know things are going to be different between us when the baby comes, and I know it's not going to be bad different. I am trying to take all the opportunities I can to be with Scott as just "US" before baby comes. Enjoying every cuddle and quick trip to the store and date night I can. AH! He just makes me so happy :)

     I definitely have fears about this baby coming so soon! It's crazy to think how much life is going to change. BUT I CAN'T WAIT!!! I do not feel prepared at all. I mean, I have read, and read, and read, and planned, and read some more, and cleaned, and cleaned. I basically feel as though I will never be 100% ready to bring my baby home or feel as though my house is clean enough or put together enough before he gets here. I have fears that I won't be good enough, or that he won't like me, or that I can't handle all the sleepless nights. But I know with Scott's help and my families I know I can handle anything. The best things in life don't come easy.

     I want to know what baby looks like! I think he will have Dark hair and brown eyes. I hope he is not super huge ( That will make my plans of a Natural delivery much harder! hahaha) I am convinced he is going to have a little piggy nose like I did when I was a baby and Scott did also. Haha oh goodness but I know he is going to be cute and that I will love him no matter what! Oh and we don't have a name for him yet.... we are going to wait until we meet him before we choose.

     I know this post is so jumpy and random, but my brain is so scattered lately with trying to get things done around the house and mentally preparing for what is about to happen.

     I can't wait for my parents and Scott's parents to be Grandparents!! It's going to be so much fun!!! They are all going to be so amazing and good to my baby. I guess there really just aren't words to express the joy I feel right now about my life. I have been truly blessed and am so thankful for everything I have been given. Hopefully my next post will be about baby! I pray everyday that labor/delivery will go smoothly and that my baby boy will be strong and healthy. If any of you want to jump on that praying train, I could use the extra strength :) Thank you all for your love and support. Wish me LUCK! :)

No comments: