Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Birthday weekend

So my birthday was on Sunday September 5th, woohoo! haha It's not really a big deal. Just another reason to spend some time with the hubby and family. And those are my two favorite things to do. For my birthday I really wanted to go camping! Scott and I hadn't been at all this year, so we decided it would be fun. Unfortunately my birthday usually equals labor day weekend, but we lucked out and got a campsite in Florence anyways. I love camping at Honeyman! It's so amazing and awesome there. Plus I really love Florence. So for an adventure Scott and I on our way to the coast decided to go North of Eugene and then over and then down to Florence and on our way home we went South of Florence, then over, then up to Eugene. Definitely a longer way to get to the coast and home, but so worth it. The drive is amazing! While at the coast we visited the beach, ate salt water taffy, bought a new candle, made s'mores, rafted in the middle of the lake and lounged, caught some really cute salamanders, went to the beach at night, made foil dinners, made yummy breakfast of eggs and sausage, went to the fish ladders in Roseburg, and most of all just enjoyed each others company. It was a great trip! Can't wait to do it again. I love adventures with Scott. He is so fun. :) Oh and the day before my birthday we had a family party for me at my mom's house. I love my family. They mean the world to me and I don't know what I would do without them. I wish life wasn't so busy, so that I could see all of them more often. I am very fortunate to have a family that is so close. Thanks everyone for making my birthday so awesome!

Above is the Fish Ladder. It's a Maze of Cement to help the Salmon and other fish get up the dam to go up river. It was actually pretty cool, because you could go down and see the fish as they were trying to swim up.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Happy belated birthday! Man do I wish that I could just drive to the coast any weekend I want ... maybe again someday!